Friday, April 17, 2015

Progress Report #4: Could be Better.

Hello, faithful readers! It’s me again!
I've been working hard on these stories, and I've been quiet for a while, so I figured I should probably poke my head it to let you know how things are doing.
Good news is, I’m done with two of the three rough drafts, and I really like what I have so far. One of them in particular seems to have developed in a very, very cool fashion while I was writing it, to the point that I’d be really tempted to write a story set in that universe, even if it wasn’t full of debauchery and sexytimes. I’ve also upped my daily word-quota from 2k to 2.5k, and it seems to be working reasonably well, which could mean faster chapter output.

Bad news is, they’re both still roughs, I haven’t figured out how to make the world of the third story work properly, and I’m suddenly expecting company around the house throughout my normal writing hours all next week. I’m gonna try to set up some kind of workspace arrangement where I won’t be interrupted or distracted, but it’s entirely possible that it just won’t work. Losing a week of productivity is a really unappealing prospect. I’m already gonna have to push it to get all three done in time. If I lose a week, I might be able to finish one, possibly two if I work a miracle. And I’d hate to default on the milestone guarantee of two chapters/month so soon.
Upside of the bad news is if I manage to set up an interruption-free work-space with company around the house, I might be able to write on weekends, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment